Nikon has released a new firmware for its new mirrorless flagship camera, the Nikon Z9. New firmware fixes some issues besides adding support for the recently unveiled NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S lens.
The changes that are coming with the Version 1.11 are:
- Fixed an issue that prevented the camera focusing on detected subjects during video recording with all the following chosen in the VIDEO RECORDING MENU:
- Image area > Choose image area: DX
- AF-area mode: Any of Wide-area AF (S), Wide-area AF (L), Subject-tracking AF, and Auto-area AF
- AF subject detection options > Subject detection: Any option other than Subject detection off
- Fixed typos in the names of some items in Group a (Focus) of the CUSTOM SETTINGS MENU in some languages.
- Added support for NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S lenses (from “C” firmware version 1.10).
The new firmware update can be downloaded here.
Check availability and price of Nikon Z9 at: B&H Photo / AmazonUS / AmazonCA / AmazonDE / AmazonES / AmazonFR / AmazonIT / AmazonUK / AmazonIN / AmazonAU