Firmware Update Version 1.10 for the Nikon Z9 is available for download. NIkon's flagship camera is not widely available yet, only selected few people and reviewers had their hands on it so far but Nikon already released a firmware update.
Changelog for Firmware Update Version 1.10:
- • Increased the burst length for dual-format (NEF/RAW + JPEG or JPEG + JPEG) pictures taken at 20 fps in continuous high-speed release mode.
- “C” firmware version 1.00:
- - NEF/RAW (high-efficiency★) + JPEG basic (large): Approx. 3 seconds *
- - JPEG Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2 (Slot 1: JPEG fine (large); Slot 2: JPEG basic (small)): Approx. 3 seconds *
- “C” firmware version 1.10:
- - NEF/RAW (high-efficiency★) + JPEG basic (large): Approx. 8 seconds *
- - JPEG Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2 (Slot 1: JPEG fine (large); Slot 2: JPEG basic (small)): Approx. 8 seconds *
* The length of the burst that can be taken before the frame advance rate drops. Figures are reference values obtained via in-house measurements performed using a NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S lens and a ProGrade Digital COBALT 1700R 325GB CFexpress memory card. Burst length will drop in some circumstances, including if:
- - Backup is selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 or
- - ON is selected for Auto distortion control.
- • Options highlighted in the Filtered playback criteria list in the PLAYBACK MENU can now also be selected and deselected by pressing the multi selector right.
- • Fixed an issue that prevented optional SB-5000 flash units synchronizing with the shutter when all the following conditions were met:
- - A shutter speed faster than the flash sync speed was selected with 1/200 s (Auto FP) or 1/250 s (Auto FP) chosen for Custom Setting e1 Flash sync speed in the CUSTOM SETTINGS MENU.
- - The SB-5000 was controlled via radio AWL using an optional WR-R10 or WR-R11a wireless remote controller mounted on the camera.
- - The flash unit was not mounted on the camera accessory shoe.
Fimware update can be downloaded here.
Check Price and Availability of Nikon Z9 at: B&H Photo / AmazonUS / AmazonCA / AmazonDE / AmazonES / AmazonFR / AmazonIT / AmazonUK / AmazonIN / AmazonAU
Nikon Z9 Key Specs
- Announcement Date: 2021-10-29
- 46MP - Full frame Stacked CMOS Sensor
- ISO 64 - 25600 ( expands to 32 - 102400)
- Nikon Z Mount
- Sensor-shift Image Stabilization
- 3.20" Tilting Screen
- 3686k dot Electronic viewfinder
- 30.0fps (30.0fps Electronic) continuous shooting
- 8K - 7680 x 4320 video resolution
- 120fps High-Speed Video
- Built-in Wireless
- Built-in GPS
- 1340g. 149 x 150 x 91 mm
- Weather Sealed Body
- Read the Review
- Check Price at: Amazon, B&H Photo