Fujifilm announced the GFX 50S II at its most recent X Summit event. The event, which is being held in Japan and is being aired live on YouTube.
The GFX 50S II retains the same 50MP sensor as its predecessors, but adds image stabilization and the GFX 100S's X Processor 4 chip. The in-body image stabilization mechanism is also used to enable the camera to shoot in a 200MP / 16-shot high resolution mode. According to Fujifilm, the new camera has 19 Film Simulations and over 100 additional functions and upgrades over previous 50MP versions. The new chip enhances AF speed and face/eye detection capabilities.
GFX 50S II features 19 Film Simulations and over 100 additional functions and upgrades over previous 50MP versions.
The GFX 50S II will be available for $3999 beginning in late September.
Fujifilm GFX 50S II Key Features
- 51.4-megapixel large-format Bayer CMOS image sensor
- 43.8 x 32.9mm Image sensor (0.79x Crop factor)
- Native ISO range of 100-12,800, expandable to 50-51,200
- 14 stops of dynamic range
- Includes Nostalgic Neg. Film Simulation
- Overclocked quad-core X-Processor 4 with latest firmware
- Contrast-detect autofocus system with faster AF than the original GFX 50S
- Upgraded autofocus algorithms
- Focuses down to -3.5 EV with lowlight priority AF
- Focuses as fast as 0.272s with Rapid AF
- Continuous shooting at 3 frames per second
- 0.77x 3.69M dot electronic viewfinder with 50fps refresh rate
- 3.2" tilting touchscreen
- Up to 6.5 stops of shake reduction with in-body image stabilization
- 205-megapixel Multi-shot Pixel Shift
- 440 shot battery life with NP-W235 lithium-ion
- FHD video at up to 30p
- $3,999 for the body only
Additionally, a GF 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR foldable zoom lens will be available, matching the 50S II's relative compactness. It covers a range of 28-55mm equivalent focal lengths (35mm equivalent) and is designed to reduce the amount of light that must be bent as it passes through the optics. A symmetrical design with two ED and one aspheric element, Fujifilm claims, cancels out the aberrations of the front elements.The 35-70mm zoom lens features a two-lens system that enables tight focus.
Fujifilm GF 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR Key Specs
- 35-70mm Focal Range
- F4.5-5.6 Max Aperture
- Weather Sealed
- Filter Thread: 62mm
- Max Format: Medium Format
- Fujifilm G Mount
- Weight: 390g
- Min Focus Distance:0.35m
- Max Magnification:0.28x
- Read the Review
- Check Price at: Amazon, B&H Photo
It will retail at $999 (adds only $500 to the cost of a GFX 50S II when bought as kit).