Specifically designed for vloggers and online content creators, the Sony ZV-1F Vlogging Camera is a pocket-sized camera with a 1" sensor and a fixed 20mm-equivalent f2.0 wide-angle lens.
Sony ZV-1F Key Specs
- Announcement Date: 2022-10-13
- 20MP - 1″ BSI-CMOS Sensor
- ISO 125 - 12800 ( expands to 80)
- 20 mm f2.00 Prime Lens
- 3.00" Fully Articulated Screen
- 16.0fps continuous shooting
- 4K (UHD) - 3840 x 2160 video resolution
- 120fps High-Speed Video
- 256g. 106 x 60 x 46 mm
- Read the Review
- Check Price at: Amazon, B&H Photo
ZV-1F has similar features to Sony ZV-1, their first camera that was designed specifically for the vloggers and content creators back in 2022. The major difference is that the ZV-1 has a 24-70mm zoom lens wheas the ZV-1F comes with a 20mm fixed focal length lens.
Sony ZV-1F vs Sony ZV-1 Spec and Feature Comparison
| FEATURE and SPECS COMPARISON|
|Model||Sony ZV-1F||Sony ZV-1|
|Sensor Resolution||20.0 MP||20.0 MP|
|Camera Type||Large Sensor Compact||Large Sensor Compact|
|Sensor Size||1″ ||1″ |
|Sensor Sensitivity||ISO 125 - 12800( expands to 80)||ISO 125 - 12800( expands to 80 - 25600)|
|Lens Mount||Fixed lens||Fixed lens|
|Focal Length||20 mm||24-70 mm|
|Image Stabil.||Digital only||Optical|
|Eye Tracking Focus|
|Dimensions||106 x 60 x 46mm||105 x 60 x 44mm|
|Animal Eye Tracking|
|Minimum Shutter||30 sec||30 sec|
|Maximum Shutter Electronic||1/32000 sec||1/32000 sec|
|Max Video Reso||3840 x 2160||3840 x 2160|
|Video fps at Max||30p,25p,24p||30p,25p,24p|
|Video Formats||MPEG-4, AVCHD, XAVC S||MPEG-4, AVCHD, XAVC S|
|High Speed Video||120fps||960fps|
|Screen Type||Fully articulated||Fully articulated|
|Selfie Friendly Screen|
|Gyro data Stabilization|
|Price||Amazon, B&H Photo||Amazon, B&H Photo|
Sony ZV-1F vs Sony ZV-1 Size Comparison
Price and Availability
The ZV-1F will be available from late October at a recommended price of $499.
Sony Expands Vlogging Line-Up with New ZV-1F, the Vlog Camera that Boosts Creative Power
SAN DIEGO, CA – October 13, 2022 – Today Sony Electronics Inc. announced the newest addition to its popular ZV lineup – the ZV-1F compact vlog camera. The ZV-1F is designed for content creators stepping up to a compact camera that packs advanced video and still capabilities with easy-to-use features, advanced connectivity, and a focus on sustainability.
“We’re thrilled to add the new ZV-1F to our very popular ZV camera lineup,” said Yang Cheng, Vice President, Imaging Solutions, Sony Electronics Inc. “With the rise of vertical video and new platforms that make it easier than ever to become a content creator, the ZV-1F is an all-in-one camera solution that delivers superior quality with easy-to-use features and wireless sharing. This is the perfect solution for content creators looking to improve their video quality.”
High-Quality Stills, Video, and Audio
The ZV-1F was designed for vloggers and content creators to capture high-quality content in a compact form factor. These features and technologies include:
- Ultra-wide 20mm1 F2.0 prime lens, perfect for selfie-style recording
- Background bokeh in both stills and video to make the subject easily stand out
- Compact and lightweight, weighing approximately 8.1 ounces2 (229 grams)
- Face Priority AE (auto exposure) that automatically adjusts the brightness based on the subject’s face, even in situations with large changes in lighting.
- High precision focusing and Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals3, with touchscreen operation
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic and wind screen provide clear voice recording and reduced background noise in windy or loud conditions
- Steady and smooth footage with Active Mode4 image stabilization
- S&Q mode5 to shoot in both slow motion at 5x slower speed6 and quick motion at 60x faster7 hyperlapse speed
Designed for Easy Content Creation
The ZV-1F was developed for content creators of all levels, including those who may be stepping up to a compact camera for the first time. The camera is designed with a handful of features for easy content creation and streamlined editing, including:
- Vari-Angle LCD touch screen to easily change features and settings, including zoom8
- Background Defocus Function to quickly blur the background, even while recording video
- Product Showcase Setting to automatically and seamlessly shift focus between a face and products
- Self-timer9 for both stills and video
- Recording lamp and red frame on the screen to indicate when recording has started and stopped
- Ten preset Creative Look options to automatically add a specific look
- ‘Soft Skin Effect’ feature to add skin smoothing options as desired
- Compatible with the GP-VPT2BT10 Shooting Grip/tripod with Wireless Bluetooth™ control
- Accessory shoe11 to easily attach an external microphone
- Remote camera control capabilities and simple file transfer for sharing to popular social media platforms with Sony’s new Imaging Edge Mobile Plus™12 smartphone application
- Shot Mark13 to efficiently reference key clips or cut out and transfer specific 15, 30, or 60 second14 marked clips to their smartphone and post directly to social without editing.
- High-quality live-streaming device or web camera, with appropriate video streaming, conference application or similar software, when connected to a computer or smartphone via USB15
Supporting a Sustainable Future
The ZV-1F was designed with features and technology for sustainable future in mind. Recycled materials16 including SORPLASTM are used in both the camera body and bundled accessories like the newly-developed wind screen17 that have been adapted to maintain performance. Plant-based non-woven fabrics are used for product bags to reduce disposable plastic packaging.
Pricing and Availability
The new ZV-1F will be available in late October for approximately $500 USD and $650 CAD. It will be sold at a variety of Sony's authorized dealers throughout North America.
For detailed product information, please visit:
1 35mm format equivalent
2 Not including battery and memory card
3 Still images only. Does not work with all types of animal
4 Slight image crop in Active Mode. Active Mode is not available when recording frame rate is 120 (100) p for normal movies and frame rate is 120 (100) fps for S&Q.
5 The recording format in S&Q mode is XAVC S HD. Sound recording is not possible. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required. UHS speed class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
6 S&Q mode recording at 120 fps (frame rate) 24p (recording frame rate).
7 S&Q mode recording at 1 fps (frame rate) 60p (recording frame rate).
8 Users can select from zooms of 1.0/1.5/2.0/4.0x to quickly change the angle of view. In FHD, zooms of 1.5x and 2.0x use Clear Image Zoom and 4.0x uses digital zoom; in 4K, 1.5x uses Clear Image Zoom and 2.0x and 4.0x use digital zoom.
9 Not available when shooting movie in still image mode by pressing MOVIE button.
10 Sold separately
11 Since this model’s accessory shoe does not have electronic contacts, it does not support operation of an external flash, audio input, etc
12 Please use Imaging Edge Mobile Plus Ver. 1.0 or later. The Imaging Edge Mobile Plus app can be downloaded at Google Play and the App Store. Network services, content, and operating system and software subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
13 Two types of shot marks: Shot Mark1 and Shot Mark2
14 Depending on where the shot mark is added, the length of the cut-out video may be shorter than the set length.
15 When streaming via USB, the resolution is 1280 x 720 and the frame rate is 30 fps. To use this function, the OS on the PC or smartphone side must support UVC/UAC. When connecting to a mobile device equipped with a USB Type-C(R) port, please use a commercially available USB cable or terminal conversion adapter.
16 Recycled materials may not be available, depending on the time of production.
17 The wind screen fibres are made exclusively from recycled polyester. Recycled polyester may not be available, depending on the time of production